NAIJA AND NIGERIA



NAIJA AND NIGERIA


With everything going on right now around us from the Libya slavery trade  to #ENDSARS to former vice president Atiku Abubakar porting back to PDP (because he knows he does not have a chance coming out with APC- I never said so), to seeing how our wonderful president Buhari bouncing back, and then the rate at which bitcoin is rising like no man’s business(damn I wish I had bought it this time last year, I would have been sitting on nothing less than $15,000US), and now the Trump-Jerusalem as capital, a lot have been on my mind. I have been thinking about the future of my dear country, NIGERIA. I want to center on Atiku’s response to Igodye’s tweet. It kinda got me all glued to the screen of my phone. 
I have been wondering, what exactly do Nigerian youths need? Is it the ability to take over leadership positions or what? Looking at the youths of nowadays, I am not sure I will suggest that. Fine, a lot of you might disagree with me but well, it is my opinion. I am not also saying that we should leave the ‘independence fighters’ to keep ruling. But before thinking of taking over power we need to be careful. I would agree with Atiku that we can not just say we want to start climbing the ladder from up, the fall would be sooooooo great and thunderously llllloooooouuuuuudddddd. Just imaging it, going for presidency when the only place you have held a leadership position is in your class in university or in your record label, ok I am being too sarcastic, at your place of work or organization. Ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhh….can you hear that?..... LOL I can literally hear the fall. No we should not go there unequipped with the needful. I agree with Atiku that starting from the grass-root is quite important to have a record of growth, experience, success and stability. With that, no matter the amount of fall, it would not be so painful. 
 
On a lighter mood though, I would like to thank Atiku for teaching me the difference between Nigeria and Naija. I have always wondered what the difference was. According to him, naija is the country that brings the hopes and dreams of young Nigerians to reality while Nigeria is the country of our parents where leaders are constantly failing. Since nobody has been able to counter this, I think you deserve a big hug from me. But really,going by what he describes as the difference I think Nigeria youths are going to give us another Nigeria and not Naija. I want a Naija and no longer a Nigeria. We youths did not experience the colonial period but I don’t know why I feel that though we choose in our minds to be free from all that mentality, we are doing it the wrong way. DON’T ASK ME FOR THE RIGHT WAY, BECAUSE I AM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE THAT OUT PERFECTLY WELL.
I really do not know what I am writing here but I am sure I have given you something to ponder about and my dear political analysts permission to attack me.

Comments

Unknown said…
Beautiful piece
Skinny Baba said…
I'm not even sure it was Atiku who articulated that response. 😏
Amazing piece.
Chidubem Sharon said…
At least he taught it wise to make use of it @skinnybaba

Popular Posts