THE BUCKET LIST



THE BUCKET LIST





This week I chose to pull out my diary from where I had hidden it for some weeks now. I decided to go through it and enjoy the look of my pretty handwriting. But then I realized I kept going back to a particular page. It was the page on which I wrote about my 2017 and early 2018 bucket list. I finally chose to stick with that page for as long as it would take. 

Trust me it took me about 10 minutes to realize that I had accomplished them all and even touched some parts of the 2018 bucket list in barely 2 months. 

I'm not sure there's anyone who gets super discouraged like I do. I’m not like Thomas Edison who tried more than a thousand times before he succeeded in inventing the light bulb. I'm far from him.

My bucket list can be said to be intertwined, I had to begin with just one thing and be consistent with it and then others would follow suit in no particular order. It was just like the scriptures – “seek ye first the kingdom and all other things will be added unto you”- but due to the kind of person I was who couldn’t stand the slightest of setbacks I took my eyes and mind off the needful and started pursuing the others but as known, it is not possible to give birth to a full-grown man and expect him to act like a baby. None of that is possible.


There were a lot of New Year resolutions written on the 31st of December or the 1st of January which were never revisited. Some of us have actually forgotten that moment we wrote them down ever happened for those who gave it a push, let me say, after February you threw it out the window. 

I have been in all those above-mentioned positions before and I realized it was that way because I for once never really put so much thought into it before writing them down. I also wrote them down because my dad or mum always requested them on New Year's eve. I had to realize at some point that there were things I needed to do for myself and not cause of them or anyone else.

The era of New Year resolutions is long gone. 
Really, who came up with that thought? I was in the kitchen with my friend’s girl who surprisingly seems to be my friend now, and we were getting to know ourselves more and when I told her I blog she went all silent for about 20 seconds before saying ‘I actually have always wanted to blog but….I don’t know what’s stopping me’. 
Not knowing what to say, I just said ‘you know, you would be a great blogger’. Her face lit up. Just thinking about it right now, unknown to her or maybe she is aware of it, that is a pivot fulcrum on her bucket list if she has one. I’m no psychologist but the smile on her face gave me the assurance that if she starts blogging today, her 2017 is made already. 

Many of us don’t know what to write in our bucket list or our to-do list, don’t rush into writing anything. Think it all out, over and over again before penning it down. 
And for you who already have yours, have you been able to accomplish everything on your list? If no, 2017 is not over yet, make it happen. 
If yes, thumbs up. And if you don’t get to accomplish it all, be sure 2018 is going to give it to you BIG.

Comments

Popular Posts